Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Letter From April 5, 2011


Dear Family,
 
  What a wonderful weekend we just had!  I so much enjoyed hearing from a Prophet and Apostles of our God.  I hope ya'll will go back and listen and read their talks again, I know I will when I can. 
  This week I thought I'd share a spiritual experience with you that I had just this last weekend.  After the second session of General Conference Elder Ipsen and I took our second companionship study.  We have an hour extra because of the new training and towards the end Elder Ipsen asked me to practice for one of our Investigators Pamela.  During the practice it just seemed like I was going no where.  Every question I asked just seemed to rebound off of "Pamela" (portrayed by Elder Ipsen) and I was at a loss.  Finally, I just stopped talking.  I sent a prayer Heavenward asking for help.  Almost immediately I heard a voice in my mind and in my heart saying, "Peace my Son, for I am with thee."  I recognized this not only as a passage of scripture, but as a direct communication from my Father in Heaven.  After receiving this message I felt prompeted to speak, and the question that came from my lips was not of my own devising, but of a Heavenly source.
  I am greatful that I have a Father in Heaven who knows me, knows of my troubles and is there help if I only ask and seek that help.  I am doing His eternal work, and I know that this is where I should be. 
  I hope all of ya'll are safe and that everything is going great!  Hope to hear from ya'll soon!
 
Love,
Elder Wise4

No comments:

Post a Comment