Friday, May 6, 2011

Letter from May 3, 2011


Dear Mother,
  Things are going ok.  We've been pretty busy with all the changes going on in the mission.  We actually just took over two areas from the Carlsbad mission the Pensaquitoes and Poway stakes so we've been scrambling to get missionaries up there and to figure out how things will work with taking over two new zones so things have been fun. 
  Things have been going ok in the Hmong branch though.  We've just found out as well that we're going to be helping out in another ward so we're scrambling to figure out what we're going to do.  The language is going ok.  It's a little hard to pick up, but I've actually found that's it's been easier to learn than when I took Latin in high school, probabaly because it's so tonal and I've had a little training in learning tones (a.k.a Choir).  My companion right now is Elder Insong who is from the Philipines.  He's a pretty cool Elder and we've been working hard on figuring out how to work together better. 
  Concerning Mother's Day though, I've actually found out that we're allowed to Skype!  So, it's quite possible that if I find a member who has Skyping capabilities that I'll be able to see ya'll not only talk to ya'll.  If I can, I'll call first to get it set up and I'll let ya'll know right then.  But, I'm planning on calling about 5 o'clock our time so it'll be about 7 ya'lls time.  So, expect a call from California about that time.  You'll know it because it'll be a 619 area code.
  That's pretty much it, I'm still waiting for pictures of my new niece, whom I am very excited to see.  But, if you could just let everyone know that I'm doing good and that I could use some heavenly help learning this language than I'd appreciate it.  I promise that next weeks e-mail will be even better, with lots of pictures as well!
 
Love,
 
Elder Chaj Li (<-- That's my Hmong name FYI, you don't say the last letter, it's the tonal indication it's said Cha Lee)

No comments:

Post a Comment