Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Letter from May 24, 2011


 
Dear Mother,
  I know how your missionaries feel.  Elder Insong had Pnemonia two weeks ago, and I had a bad sinus infection last week, so we were pretty unhappy.  But, all is better now, and we're getting back to work.  Transfers are tomorrow so I'm excited to see what's going to happen.  We're having A LOT of good Elders going home, including my Trainer Elder Ipsen, but he's coming back this weekend and so we'll see each other.  I think I almost have him convinced to room with me at BYU when I get back.  That'd be fun.  I found out the other day that in order to be a tranier for big sports teams I've got to go to medical school, so we might have a doctor in the family yet! I'll wait till I hit my year mark then I'll start praying about it.
  Things are going pretty good.  The language is coming along nicely....sorta. I can read the language ok, but speaking and understanding it are coming a little slower, which is normal for something like this.  But, we've got some more work to occupy us in another Ward, the San Diego 10th, we're now responsible with some other Elders for that area.  I'll start getting some pictures of me and some members.  That's one thing I forgot to get in Lemon Grove, but I've got some time to get back there and get some. 
  The works going great though.  I love the people, and I'm eating a lot of interesting food.  I think one of the members wants to feed me chicken feet so I'm probably going to get some pics of that. Other than that, things are great! I'm loving the mission, and it's only getting better.  I'll let ya'll know what happens with transfers next week!  Give everyone hugs and kisses for me, especially the birthday boy!!!
 
Love,
Elder Chaj Li
 
 
Nyob Zoog!
  How is everyone?!  It's been a little while since I've sent a family letter, but some stuff has actually happened...so I guess it's warranted. 
  Things have been going ok here in San Diego.  Along with the Hmong Branch I'm now also serving in the San Diego 10th Ward so we've got plenty of work to do!  I'm tired everyday which is good, according to President it means I get the work, so I'm tired.  Other than that things are ok with the Hmong.  The language is still a little iffy.  I can read it ok, but other than that it's pretty hard to understand and speak it still.  I can say a few phrases, but it's still tough.  I love the Hmong, and it's funny to have the little mis-communication that comes when trying to communicate, but it's a little frustrating at the same time. 
  Things are great though, it's weird thinking that I've almost been out for 6 months, I'll hit 6 this next transfer.  It's going by soooo fast, and it feels like it's been no time at all.  Soon enough, I'll be stepping off the plane, but not until I do all the work that the Lord wants me to do.  I'm excited to be here, and it's sad to see all the missionaries leaving, including my trainer who leaves actually today, but I've got some work to do. 
  Can't wait to hear from ya'll and hope that the Birthday Boy has a great day!!
 
 
Love,
 
Elder Chaj Li 
 
Ps.  GO MAVERICKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment