Wednesday, March 16, 2011

March 15, 2011


For Family:
 
  A new day, a new week and a new family letter!  I hope all of ya'll are enjoying life and glorying in our Heavenly Father who loves us.  These past weeks have been going by a bit slower than normal.  Lemon Grove has become my dusty little home, but it seems like my brothers and sisters just don't want to talk to me.  I must be the outcast in the family, who knew right?  We seem to be finding people that we can't talk to, not out of unwillingness on their part, but we can't speak their language...I really should learn spanish.  We hand them off to the Spanish Elders than go on our way finding more souls who's worth is great in the sight of our God. 
  These past two days we've been having a traning meeting with our area and another area called an MTE, which stands for Missionary Traning Experience.  What happens for this training is we get the chance to hear from and most importantly learn from President Donaldson in the mornings than go out the rest of the day and really apply what he taught us.  Companionships are given a "Coach" from another companionship that goes along on an exchange with them to help them really aply the principles taught.  I was fortunate enough to be sent on exchanges with another Elder who is in the same training program as I.  We were in the same district in the MTC and it was interesting to see how different our training has been going and how much each of us have learned.
  I want all who read this to know that I have a Testimony of the things I am teaching to others.  I know that I have a loving Father in Heaven who loves me dearly and wants the best for me.  I know he wants his children to return to live with him again and I know that all can do so as they accept the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and follow his example.  I know that we have a Prophet on this earth who recieves divine inspiration and that he does so on a daily basis.  I know that if we pattern our lives after his and after the Saviour's that we will not only become happier, but we will have a peace that nothing else in this world can provide for us.  I know the Book of Mormon to be the word of God and as it says in the introduction, "a man can become nearer to God by abiding by its precepts than any other book," and that it is the "most correct" book of any now published on this Earth.  I know, and I know that God knows it and I will NOT deny it for ANY reason. 
  I am loving this work to which I have been called and I know that I will continue to do so as I keep my purpose in mind and as I, as I have dubbed it, keep the "Three L's" of missionary work.  I am Loving the Lord, I am Loving my Companion and I am most definitely Loving the People of San Diego.
 
Love,
 
Elder Wise4

No comments:

Post a Comment