Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Letter from 6-20-11

Dear Mom and Family,
 
  First off Happy Birthday to Stephen on Friday!!  I had it written down in multiple places so I wouldn't forget.  I hope you have a great Birthday!  I'm writing a little later this afternoon because this morning we went to the Temple.  It's only been my second time while being here in San Diego, and I'm sad that we can't go more often.  It's such a wonderful place and I love being there.  There was two couples in our session as well that were being sealed to each other tomorrow so it was great having them there and congratulating them afterward.  I'm pretty sure that I'm going to have to take Ashley's idea and get married here.  This Temple is just tooo beautiful.
  Well it's been just wonderful hearing from each of you.  Things have been going alright here in California, we've had our ups and downs, but we still carry on.  One thing that impresses me everyday is how involved President Donaldson with each of us.  Elder Insong and I were having a tough time the other day, so we called President for some help.  After talking with him for a bit I came to a realization: When we focus on ourselves, no matter what it is, whether it's getting along, or anything else, instead of focusing on helping others receive ordinances of salvation the work suffers and as a result we don't like it.  Keeping an "eye single to the glory of God" is the only way that this work can be done with any cheerfulness in heart and truth be told with ALL of our "might, mind, and Strength".  After realizing that and really trying to internalize it I understood why though I try to be cheerful everyday, it was tough trying to throw off the adversary and his attempts to halt this work.  And it's not just with Missionary Work.  It's for every day of our lives.  Just like when Peter took his eyes off the Savior and " But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me."  He saw the sea crashing around him, or in essence, the sound of the world yelling out at him, and taking his eyes off the Savior for a second, he started to sink.  The same Peter who was sent in the beginning, and the same Peter who knew that Jesus was the Christ by it being revealed by the Father took his eyes off the Savior and began to sink.  How much more of a need have I to keep my eyes on the Savior and stay "walking on water"?  I guess now that I know at least some things, as President Heber C. Kimball said, "You can't sin so cheap no more."  I am greatfull for each and everyone of you and I am thankful for a Savior who has deemed me worthy to represent Him here with the people of California.  I can't express enough gratitude everyday for the Plan that our Father gave so that all of us can return to live with him again.  I love each and everyone one of you and miss you. 
  Tell Madison good job on her recital, I love the pictures they are adorable.  I'll be the envy of Elder in the mission because I have the cutest girl back home!  Give everyone else big hugs and kisses for me!
 
 
Love,
 
Elder Wise

No comments:

Post a Comment