Monday, September 19, 2011

Letter from 9-6-11


Dear Mother,
  I'll make sure to keep y'all in my prayers when y'all attend the temple.  I'll also try and reserve my last attendance of the year for a Tuesday in December.  It would be nice to attend the Temple "with" y'all at the same time.  I just wish you could come here and go through the Temple here.  It's SO beautiful!  I'm having thoughts about just telling my future wife that we're going to be married here, no exceptions, but I guess that's not how it works huh?
  Well, things are going well here again.  We had MTE again these past few days, so P-day is tomorrow, I just get to e-mail today.  The mission has been focusing a lot on Obedience and how it affects everything, and I still remember Dad telling me before I came out that only through being obedient do I see success, and let me tell you it shows.  It's hard, but the sacrifice is worth it a lot of the time.  We're teaching an 11 yr-old right now that is the nephew of the Marshallese family in the ward and he's so ready for Baptism.  The first time we taught him one of the first things out of his mouth was, "when can I be Baptized?", tell me that isn't a missionaries favorite thing to hear?  We've been so excited to teach him!
  Other than that things have been good.  We finally got some rain today and it's been making things a bit more humid, which I have to admit I miss actually.  Elder Kanuch though wouldn't be able to take the heat.  It's kinda funny, for being Tongan he hates the sun and he can't stand anything over 70 degrees.  It makes me laugh to hear him talk about it.  Well, I've got some pictures to send so I'll get on to that, hope ya'll got my letter!!!
 
Love,
 
Elder Wise

No comments:

Post a Comment